Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Want to Know Christ


I Want to Know Christ

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]    11That if possible I may attain to the [[b]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]. Philippians 3:10-11
(The Amplified Bible)

Years ago I penned this verse from the Amplified Bible into the margin of my Ryrie Study Bible. It has been a good reminder to me every time I read the book of Philippians.

Having just celebrated Easter, and re-reading the post resurrection accounts of the various characters that saw Jesus before He ascended back to heaven, I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that HE wants to have an intimate relationship with you and me.

I KNOW that President Obama is the President of the United States. I’ve seen him on TV and whether I agree with him or not, I KNOW he is the President. It isn’t a “think so,””or hope so,” – I know this to be true!

Many of you will KNOW the name JIM HERR. He was the founder of Herr’s Snack Foods. By the way, Mr. Herr just went home to be with the Lord last week. I KNOW Mr. Herr. Have sat in his office. He isn’t just a picture on a bag of chips. I KNOW him.

Jesus wants to have a deep, personal, intimate abiding relationship with you and me so that we can get to KNOW Him more and more each day. We do that by spending time with Him through His Word, prayer, meditation, memorization …

There’s lots He wants to talk to us about. The question is do we want to take the time to have the “abiding in Christ” relationship? There’s no better time than today to begin that relationship. Caution: You will never be the same … but it will be worth the ride! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick


Motivations:  Day by day, morning by morning, begin your walk with Him in the calm trust that God is at work in everything....It is your personal business, as a discipline of your heart, to learn to be peaceful and safe in God in every situation....Remember, friend, where your real living is going on. In your thinking, in your reacting, in your heart of hearts - here is where your walk with God begins and continues. So when you start to move into trusting Him, stay there. Don't wander out again into worry and doubt! Anne Ortlund

Practice to Remember: Level 1:Ephesians 4:25; Level 2: Ephesians 4:11-16

Powered Up:  Prayer does not fit us for the greater work. Prayer is the greater work. J. Oswald Chambers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen!