Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Want to Know Christ -- Part 2


I WANT TO KNOW CHRIST – Part 2

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]    11That if possible I may attain to the [[b]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]. Philippians 3:10-11
(The Amplified Bible)

I just hung up from speaking to a brother who was seeking an answer to the question that I addressed in yesterday’s Freedom Fighter.

Maybe you have sensed it in your life, maybe not. Admittedly life is busy and crazy. I am in a cycle right now of “activity” that is very intense.

Activity is good BUT it can NEVER replace my having my time with Christ every day. I am really tired of hearing my “grace junkie” friend’s harp on the fact that I don’t have to have a quiet time every day. I understand what they are saying – I am not going to lose my salvation if I miss it. I am not going to be loved any less if I don’t have my time with God each day.

But what people are hearing is an excuse NOT to spend time with Him on a daily basis. WE MISS OUT WHEN WE DON’T SPEND THAT TIME getting to know HIM each day. We don’t do it because of legalistic reasons – nor should we beat ourselves up if we miss a day here and there. But if we are honest – when that starts to slip in our lives, that is when we find ourselves moving away from Him and one day turns into two – and you know the rest of the story.

Apart of KNOWING HIM is spending time with Him. He longs for you to be in His presence. Take time each and every day to spend time with Him not because you HAVE to – but because you WANT to. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick


Motivations:  Being steadfast in belief does not exclude all temptations from without.
When we say a tree is firmly rooted, we do not say the wind never blows upon it.
John Owen

Practice to Remember: Level 1:Ephesians 4:25; Level 2: Ephesians 4:11-16

Powered Up:  As far as my understanding of these things goes, intercessory prayer is the finest and most exacting kind of work that it is possible for men to perform. – O. Hallesby

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen. Coming aside from my day, at least a few times a day, to dwell with Him, to talk to Him - and listen to Him, has been key to my life working after addiction. Thanks Bill! Its not a rule - it something to relish! He is wonderful!