Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Prayer -- Yeah, I Am a Slow Learner

Prayer – Yeah, I Am a Slow Learner

Through Him (Jesus) … we have our access in one Spirit to the Father. Ephesians 2:18

I am amazed at just when I think I have figured it all out, that the Lord shows up and shows me another amazing truth for me to grasp in my heart and life. To most of you, you have already figured this out … I have told you before, I am a very slow learner.

Learning to pray and to be a man of prayer is an interesting journey. The Holy Spirit continues to unpack truth upon truth to teach me how to pray. This morning I was reading the Scriptures that are grouped together for the daily reading in Daily Light, my most favorite devotional tool. Hebrews 4:16 was the verse at the end of the morning reading:

Let us therefore draw near with CONFIDENCE to the throne of grace, that we may receive MERCY and may find GRACE to help in TIME OF NEED. Hebrews 4:16
I looked back into some notes I had on this verse and was reminded that the phrase, “time of need.” It is the only time this phrase appears in the Bible. The literally meaning of the phrase is “well-timed help” or “in the nick of time.”

As I was processing this truth, my eye went back to the first verse for this day’s reading:

HE always lives to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

It’s not rocket science. I go to Him in prayer. I can enter HIS throne room BOLDY, with confidence through the Lord Jesus (Ephesians 2:18) and HE (Jesus) is already there – doing what? Interceding for you and me at His Father’s right hand! Before I get there – He’s already there praying for me and you! Wow. You have a need and He desires for you and me to come to Him in prayer. When we get there – He’s already praying. How cool is that.

So drop to your knees, my friend, and meet Him at the throne of grace. He longs to meet us there! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: 1 Samuel 15-17; Psalm 94; Proverbs 12

Compass Pointers: Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. Corrie Ten Boom

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 15:1; Level 2: Proverbs 15:29-33

Anchored to the Rock: It is impossible for a believer, no matter what his experience, to keep right with God if he will not take the trouble to spend time with Him; let other things go, but don’t neglect Him. – Oswald Chambers

No comments: