Friday, August 06, 2010

To Our Children and Grandchildren


To Our Children and Grandchildren

"Children are a heritage from the Lord." Psalm 127:3
Many of you are Dads and Granddads, so I trust that today's thoughts will be of special significance to you and a good reminder.

Here is a list of things that we can and cannot do for our kids and grand kids:
1. I can share your life, but I cannot live it for you.
2. I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn.
3. I can give you directions, but I cannot always lead you.
4. I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for you.
5. I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.
6. I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot decide for you.
7. I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.
8. I can teach you to be a friend, but I cannot make you one.
9. I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.
10. I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor.
I will share nine more tomorrow. Good thoughts to ponder for today. Remember: who wants this next generation most, will get them. You have a weighty responsibility. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK
Dig This Quote: Don't worry that your children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you!
Determined Digging: Level 1:Isaiah 53:6; Level 2: Psalm 103:11-14

No comments: