Saturday, August 07, 2010

To Our Children and Grandchildren -- Part 2

To Our Children and Grandchildren (Part 2)

Here are nine additional things we can and cannot do for our kids and grands:

I can tell you the facts of life, but I cannot build your reputation.

I can tell you about lofty goals, but I cannot achieve them for you.

I can teach you to obey, but I cannot answer for your actions.

I can warn you about sins, but I cannot make your morals.

I can love you as my child, but I can't make you walk with God.

I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God.

I can teach you about Jesus, but I cannot make Him your Savior.

I can teach you about prayer, but I cannot make you pray.

I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give your eternal life.

But everyone of us Dad's and Grandfathers can do this: We can pray for our kids and grandkids daily! PUSH for them! PUSH for them daily! Remember: someone wants them! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 7; Psalms 72-73; Romans 9:1-15

Dig This Quote: "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future." ~Paul Boese

Determined Digging: Level 1:Isaiah 53:6; Level 2: Psalm 103:11-14

Determined Praying: When I come to God in prayer, He always looks to what the aim of my petition is. My comfort? My joy? Or that He be glorified. We need to learn that it is God's plan to bless me in order that I may be a blessing. Prayer is answered not to be consumed self, but to be passed on. -- Andrew Murray

No comments: