Thursday, August 05, 2010

Christ is All

CHRIST, MY ALL

" ... but Christ is all, and is in all." Colossians 3:11 (New International Version)

For years I have been sharing a quote that I heard Dr. Mark Corts give in a message at Sandy Cove: "You'll never know that Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you have! When Jesus is all you have, you'll know that Jesus is all you need!"

I came across this powerful reading the other day which personalizes Colossians 3:11. I you can say, Christ is YOUR All:

Christ for sickness, Christ for health,
Christ for poverty, Christ for wealth,
Christ for joy, Christ for sorrow,
Christ my Life and Christ my Light,
Christ for morning, noon and night;

Christ when all gives way,
Christ my Everlasting Stay;
Christ my Rest, Christ my Food,
Christ above my highest good;

Christ my well Beloved, my Friend,
Christ my pleasure without end;
Christ my Savior, Christ my Lord,
Christ my Portion, Christ my God;

Christ my Shepherd, I His sheep,
Christ Himself my soul doth keep;
Christ my Leader, Christ my Peace,
Christ hath brought my soul's release;

Christ my Righteousness divine,
Christ for me, for HE IS MINE!
Christ my Wisdom, Christ my Meat,
Christ restores my wandering feet.


Christ my ADvocatae and Priest,
Christ who ne'er forgets the least;
Christ my Teacher, Christ my Guide;
Christ my Rock, in Christ I hide.

Christ the everlasting Bread,
Christ His precious blood hath shed;

Christ hath brought us near to God,
Christ the everlasting Word.

Christ my Master, Christ my Head,
Christ who for my sins hath bled;
Christ my Glory, Christ my Crown,
Christ the One of great renown;

Christ my Comforter on high,
Christ my Hope draws ever night.

I would encourage you to carefully and prayerfully think through what you've just read. Maybe a good exercise for this next couple of days is for you to read though the list and thank Him for being your all in all. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Determined Digging: Proverbs 5; Psalm 68-69; Romans 8:1-21

Dig This Quote: Our vessels are indeed small, and can contain little. His was large and could contain much. But the kind, or quality of that peace which fills them is the same. He has made peace by the blood of His cross. Indeed, He is our peace. And as soon as we come to know this and take Him as our peace, we are made partakers not merely of peace, but of that which He here calls, "My peace!" Horatius Bonar

Determined Digging: Level 1:Isaiah 53:6; Level 2: Psalm 103:11-14

Join us this week at America's KESWICK as Dr. Dave Epstein and Dr. Roger Willmore share their last messages from God's Word from the pulpit of America's KESWICK. You can watch live: http://americaskeswick.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=59820ee025ca85d829fa92a25&id=c4af7cf1a9&e=11f714b508

No comments: