Friday, May 22, 2009

Weakness vs. Strength

Weakness Vs. Strength

One of the things we struggle with as men is not wanting to be weak. Being strong is manly -- we don't like feel inadequate or not in control. It does a number on our pride and psyche.

However, strength and weakness in Scripture is one of those paradoxes. Today I read these verses about strength:

My brothers, be strong IN THE LORD and in the power of HIS might.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for MY strength is made perfect in weakness.

Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I will go in the strength of THE LORD GOD; I will make mention of YOUR righteousness, of Your's only.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I also labor, striving according to His working which works in us mightily.

We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be OF GOD and not of us!

The joy of the Lord is your strength.

Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy.

But David strengthened himself in the Lord His God.

Ephesians 6:10; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10; Psalm 71:16; Romans 1:16; Philippians 4:13; Colossians 1:29; 2 Corinthians 4:7; Nehemiah 8:10; Colossians 1:11

Wow. When I am weak -- that is when HE steps in and does what HE does best -- gives strength! He gives it to the weary -- See Isaiah 40:31

Are you "feeling" weak? Allow His strength to be made perfect in YOUR weakness. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 22; 1 Chronicles 16-18; John 7:28-53

Great Quote: Christ was born in a stable; He was obliged to fly into Egypt; thirty years of His life were spent in a workshop; He suffered hunger, thirst, and weariness; He was poor, despised, and miserable; He taught the doctrines of heaven, and no one would listen. The great and the wise persecuted and took Him, subjected Him to frightful torments, treated Him as a slave, and put Him to death between two malefactors, having preferred to give liberty to a robber, rather than to suffer Him to escape. Such was the life which our Lord chose; while we are horrified at any kind of humiliation, and cannot bear the slightest appearance of contempt.Francois Fenelon

Can't attend our Memorial Day Weekend? Watch the service live by webcam. Visit our website for times of services and to view the services LIVE! -- www.americaskeswick.org. Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the ads that might be run during our simulcast.

No comments: