Saturday, May 23, 2009

Impact Craters

Impact Craters

“So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his ways, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.”
Ezekiel 33:7-9 (ESV)

I had been going through life and never paid any attention to how I impacted people. Like a horse with blinders on I went down life’s wide open road without a care in the world. Whenever I crashed into the ditch, I would stagger to my feet and head on to what I perceived as forward. That meant going back down the road in the wrong direction at times and crashing into those going the other way. Now keep in mind this road was wide open so the right direction was anyone’s guess.

But now things have changed. Jesus Christ has taken the blinders off and that wide open road has gotten slimmer. And since I can see better the impact craters are easier to see. Case in point, what I say and do at work these days have an impact on how people feel about their jobs. Being the production manager puts me in a position where my words, as well as my actions, are paid attention to by those who work above/under me.

It was at the Colony Reunion where I discover the impact craters that aren’t so “case in point”. They are happening to those men who have read the Freedom Fighters that are sent by e-mail. It is very humbling to have someone approach you about something you have written about and have them say how it has touched them in some way. I didn’t know how well I had been serving the Lord until this past Mother’s Day weekend.

Another impact crater was at the church that I attend. I serve behind the sound system along with my son. I serve under Pastor Paul Ort who is great when it comes to changing our Sunday mornings around to fit the Message the Lord has laid on his heart. He is an equal bus-thrower-under when it comes to special projects. This past Sunday evening our church was blessed by the Pilgrim Academy choir and our sound system had been altered. My son and I spent a good part of Saturday afternoon re-doing what had been done but the end result is DVD’s for all who ask. SANTO!!

But the big impact crater is in my home. When I was an intolerable father/husband, the impact was not good to say the least. But now coming home from work is a joy. I don’t mind the long drive to get home knowing that the house I live in serve’s God. I feel at peace in the house where my wife runs it like a Proverb’s 31 woman and my children want to share with me how their day has been, even if it is only a one word answer.

This morning Brothers think about how you are impacting the road you travel. Let Jesus take off the blinders and get that 180 degree view. And since the winter has past it is even getting kinda green to look at. Do yourself a favor and heed the call of the Watchman. -- Chris Hughes is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and a frequent Freedom Fighter contributor.

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 23;

Great Quote: Worship makes costly demands on our time and energies. It calls us from the inertia of self-centredness. Anonymous

Join us tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM for our conference sessions, and then again at 7:00 PM for our patriotic cantata, I LOVE AMERICA: www.americaskeswick.org

No comments: