Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Am a Child of the King!!!

I Am a Child of the King!

He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ Himself, according to the kind intention of His will. Ephesians 1:5 NASB

My son-in-law Garrett and his daughter Emma, started playing this little word game. By the way, Emma is 2 going on 20!

Garrett likes to remind her that he's the boss. And Emma responds, "And I'm the loser." I didn't think much about that until this weekend when we were babysitting for Julie and Garrett overnight. Garrett told Emma when he dropped her off that Pop-pop was the boss for the weekend.

When I arrived home, I jokingly said to her, "Emma, Pop-pops the boss this weekend." And she quickly responded, "And I'm the loser." At first it was funny, but then after playing this two or three times, it hit me that maybe this wasn't quite the right idea.

I tried to get her to say, "I'm the princess." Well it didn't work. She declared very adamantly, "Pop, I am a LOSER. I am a BIG loser." Ouch!

We persevered and finally was able to get her to say, "I am a princess!"

I have been thinking about that. For some of us, we have been called all kinds of names. In fact, there might be some guys who heard in the early days, "You are a loser!" I can remember when I first started dating Jan, and I was not the apple of her mother's eye. She sat me down one night with Jan and said, "You are an irresponsible young man!" I can't tell you how that hurt, and it took many years to get over the pain from that remark.

Praise God that while we deserve hell, we've been given heaven. If we have trusted Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we are no longer orphans. We have been adopted into the family of God, and we have been declared righteous (not our own, but clothed in the righteousness of Christ) and have been declared his sons (and daughters ...)! Instead of being a loser, we've gained EVERYTHING! You can declare, I AM A CHILD OF THE KING!

I don't know about you, but I like that. It's good! Don't wallow in the enemy's pool of destructive labels. Remember WHOSE you are and WHO you are IN CHRIST! You are a prince or a princess of THE KING! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 19; Joshua 1-3; Mark 16

Great Quote: To doubt the good will of God is an inborn suspicion of God with all of us. Besides, the devil...goes about seeking to devour us by roaring: 'God is angry at you and is going to destroy you forever.' In all these difficulties we have only one support, the Gospel of Christ. To hold on to it, that is the trick. Christ cannot be perceived with the senses... The heart does not feel His helpful presence. Especially in times of trials a Christian feels the power of sin, the infirmity of his flesh, the goading darts of the devil...the scowl and judgment of God. All these things cry out against us, death thunders at us, the devil roars at us. In the midst of the clamor the Spirit of Christ cries in our hearts, 'Abba, Father.' And this little cry of the Spirit transcends the hullabaloo of the Law, sin, death, and the devil, and finds a hearing with God. The Spirit cries because of our weakness...(and) is sent forth into our hearts...to assure us of the grace of God." Martin Luther, Commentary on Galatians

No comments: