Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who's Clock Are You On?

Who’s Clock Are You On?

“I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise. So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.” Romans 1:14-15

I “work” in housekeeping. I push a time clock to record my hours. I am certain that millions of people everyday do the same thing at their work. Punching of the clock equates to money in the pay check. It has been this way since the start of organized labor.

But whether I am “clocked” in or not; I am always on my Father’s time. I am a servant (slave) to the One who purchased me 24 hours a day – 7 days a week. As a servant, I don’t decide when and where I work, the Master does. The reason for this is “I am a debtor.” Morally obligated to the One who purchased me. How big is this obligation? Rom 1:15 “as much as is in me.” My Master demands I put everything I have into it. No holding back.

If Jesus is indeed your Lord and Savior, you are a debtor as well. Are you discharging your debt? As much as is in you? If not, what is hindering you from becoming a better steward of your debt? Is it your pride, time, yourself (I hate that one), preoccupations? Maybe you are not making yourself available to serve God. Did you ask Jesus this morning to make opportunities for you to “work”? Or are you “unemployed”? I need to constantly check my priorities. Do I involve God in all my choices? Am I putting Him first in these choices? Do I need a stronger sense of responsibility? (1 Cor 10:31) I owe everything to Jesus, do I live like it? Am I seeking out ways to further His kingdom here on earth? (Matt 18:11) A while back I began praying that Jesus would give me the courage and conviction to stop disrespecting Him by claiming His name then go on living like I am the only one He came to save.

Brothers, the hour is late and there are 6.5 billion people on this planet and the majority don’t know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Where is our sense of urgency? A reckless abandon for God? This is our Father’s time, are you being a good steward of the time He has entrusted to you? -- Chris Connors is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and the Director of Housekeeping

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 28; Numbers 17-19; Mark 6:30-56

Great Quote: Good morning, Lord! What are You up to today? Can I be a part of it?Thank You. Amen. Norman Grubb

No comments: