Friday, January 02, 2009

Staying on Track

Staying on Track

This Christmas I decided to put up my trains for the grand kids. (I think that it was also something that our big kids enjoyed, especially our sons, Josh and Zach ...)

In playing with the trains, I was reminded again as to how easy it is for the trains to fall off the tracks. The slightest bump or misalignment of the track can cause a major train wreck.

Life is like that as well. Staying on track can be difficult for some of us. The slightest bump or misalignment of life can easily become a distraction that gets us going in the wrong direction or off track, and before you know it, we have a major wreck.

I read these verses the other day from Proverbs: "I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn away from it and pass on. Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, and let your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or left; remove your feet from evil." (Proverbs 4:11-12, 14-15, 25-27)

Look carefully at the instruction:

Do not enter the path of the wicked
Do not walk in the way of evil
Avoid it
Don't travel on it,
Turn away from it
Look straight ahead
Ponder your path
Take the established path
Don't turn to the right or left
Remove your feet from evil

If you are looking for some fancy outline -- forget it. It can't get any plainer than this. If I am going to stay on track -- I have no business deviating from path. I need to be in that place where I don't even enter into negotiation with even the slightest thought of deviating from the path.

I must choose to stay on track. Here's two promises to hang your hat on:

"The Lord will deliver me (you) from EVERY evil work and preserve me (you) for HIS heavenly kingdom. To HIM be glory forever and ever. Amen! -- 2 Timothy 4:18

"Now unto HIM who is able to keep you (me) from stumbling and to present you (me) faultless before the presence of HIS glory WITH EXCEEDING JOY, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. -- Jude 24-25

By God's grace I want to stay on track and be the man that God wants me to be in 2009. How about you, brother? -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 2; Genesis 4-6; Matthew 2

Great Quote: We should take advantage of His faithfulness and make every day a fresh start. Resolve to make each day the beginning of a new year, a new morning, a new adventure. He wipes the slate clean and goes back to zero so we can be filled up again with His spirit and give it out all day long. Enjoy the blessings of a new year, in Christ, one day at a time! --Debbie Carroccio

No comments: