Monday, September 01, 2008

Eternal Father, Strong to Save

ETERNAL FATHER, STRONG TO SAVE

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43:2

Today our nation is facing the potential of another devastating storm in the Louisiana. I want to encourage our Freedom Fighter family to be praying for the people whose lives are in danger and in harm's way today. Please pray for the men and women who will be involved in the search and rescue efforts and for the many Christians who will be "salt and light" at this critical time.

I couldn't help think of the words of this powerful hymn:

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep:
O, hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in peril on the sea.

O Christ, the Lord of hill and plain
O'er which our traffic runs amain
By mountain pass or valley low;
Wherever, Lord, Thy children go,
Protect them by Thy guarding hand
From every peril on the land.

O Spirit, whom the Father sent
To spread abroad the firmament;
O Wind of heaven, by Thy might
Save all who dare the eagle's flight,
And keep them by Thy watchful care
From every peril in the air.

O Trinity of love and power,
Thy children shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them where so e'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea.

May our God use this time to shake our nation and even through this event, bring revival and healing to our land. God bless America! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Psalm 135-136; Proverbs 1; 1 Corinthians 12

Great Quote: I went to hear Mr. Moody with no other idea than to have something to laugh at. I knew he was no scholar, and I felt sure I could find many flaws in his argument. But I found I could not get at the man. He stood there hiding behind the Bible and just fired one Bible text after another at me till they went home to my heart straight as bullets from a rifle. I tell you, Moody's power is in the way he has his Bible at the tip of his tongue. Anonymous Convert

No comments: