Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The God who IS

THE GOD WHO IS

This morning I have been overwhelmed with the wonderful reality that we have a God who IS - not just was or will be - but who is ... I am thankful for the verses that leapt off the page of the Word this morning that are in the PRESENT TENSE not just past or future tense. Think about
them:

The Lord IS my Shepherd - Psalm 23:1

God IS my refuge and strength - a very PRESENT help in my time of trouble - Psalm 46:1

The Lord IS my rock and my fortress and my deliverer ... Psalm 18:2

The angel of the Lord ENCAMPS all around those who fear Him, and DELIVERS them. - Psalm 34:7

The righteous cry out, and the Lord HEARS them, and DELIVERS them out of all their troubles. - Psalm 34:17

The eternal God IS your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
- Deut. 33:27

So we may boldly say: "The Lord IS my helper; I will not fear ...
Hebrews 13:6

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you PRESERVE my life. - Psalm
138:7

It is good to rehearse God's faithfulness in our lives in the past, but O how comforting and refreshing to know that our God is not just the great I WAS - He is the great I AM! Be comforted and encouraged today in the God who IS! - Bill Welte is the President and CEO of America's KESWICK.

God's Word for YOU: 2 Samuel 16-18; Luke 17:20-37

Think about this: "Although His answers seem so long in coming and we continue to walk IN THE MIDST OF TROUBLE, "the center of trouble" is the place where He preserves us, not the place that He fails us." - Mrs. Cowman

No comments: