Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Whack on the Head

Another Whack on the Head
"The eyes of all look expectantly to you." Psalm 145:15

Last night the kids were told that Lindsay's situation is dire. They are coming to a point where some major decisions will have to be made. Her little body cannot remain on the heart and lung machine for and extended period of time, so in the next several days, they need to have a plan as to what THEY can do.

The artificial heart has arrived from Germany but they cannot do that procedure until the infection she has clears up completely. Until the infect clears up she is on the "inactive" list for a heart transplant.

The past three weeks have been like a roller coaster experience for all of us, so this morning before opening the Word, I begged the Lord for Him to speak:

"The eyes of the ALL look expectantly to you." - Psalm 145:15. There are literally thousands praying for Lindsay from coast to coast as well as places like Tel Aviv, Israel - people we don't even know are praying for her.

"HE gives life, breath and all things. The Lord is good to all, and HIS tender mercies are over all HIS works. Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. The same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. I will lift up my eyes to the hills - from whence comes my help? Behold as the eyes of the servant look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God.

The Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him. It will be said in that day: 'Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for Him; we will rejoice and be glad in His salvation. If we hope for what we do not see, then we eagerly wait for it with perseverance." (Acts 17:25; Psalm 145:9; Matthew 6:26; Romans 10:12; Psalm 121:1; Psalm 123:2; Isaiah 30:18; Isaiah 25:9; Romans 8:25)

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with the expenses that are mounting up for hotel accommodations, parking, etc. The kids are strapped financially and so Jan and I committed to pay the overnight lodging bills. Hotels in Boston are very expensive, and in addition, you pay for parking. Thankfully they are staying at a place that has worked with the hospital and the room is $25 per night vs. hotel rooms that are $100 - $125.

I was driving to a funeral and my heart became overwhelmed with anxiety.
Doesn't the Lord already know that we are struggling financially at Keswick, and now I have the concerns of my own personal finances? In my mind I was calculating out how much we needed to cover just the past three weeks. Humanly speaking, I was getting overwhelmed.

I was talking to my daughter Julie who whacked me reminding me that God would take care of this situation. Guys, I hadn't closed the up my cell phone when the phone rang and the voice on the other end said, "I just wanted you and Jan to know that I am putting a check in the mail for $600 for you to use for your expenses!" BIG WHACK ON THE SIDE OF THE HEAD! Will I ever get it?

Today I join the thousands of praying friends who are "looking expectantly" to see what God will do for Lindsay, Jon, Laura and Tanner. Thank you for partnering with us on this journey. We love you. - Bill Welte is the President and CEO of America's KESWICK. To follow Lindsay's journey, check out her blog at http://lindsaykeswick.blogspot.com/

God's Word for YOU: 2 Samuel 19:20; Luke 18:1-23

Think about this: We come in the holiness of God's grace through us, for only because the LORD has invited us to come into his presence and has set us apart as his holy saints through the work of Christ can we possibly enter to worship him. Glory! How can we do anything but worship God as fully as possible with all the best gifts at our command? Glory! How can we respond in any way but with utter, wasteful (in the world's terms) devotion of lives? Glory! How can we help but want to be the church? How can we not seek eagerly to welcome our neighbors into the holy splendor? Marva Dawn

No comments: