Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Think Victory! READ THE GOOD BOOK

PEACE

“My peace I give you.” John 14:27

I am in process. Haven’t arrived yet. Put my pants on just like you – one leg at a time. And like many of you, sometimes the stuff gets overwhelming. In fact, right now, it is one of those overwhelming times – so little time and so much to do.

So many of my friends are going through stuff right now too. One brother’s wife is facing surgery today. She was hit in the face with a softball and has major issues. His wife is diabetic which raises the complication level. Another friend in ministry is facing challenges because of a staff member who is making life difficult. And another friend is facing a crisis with his kids.

I am thankful this morning that God knows what we need to hear from Him.
He spoke to my heart again this morning through His Word and through Streams in the Desert:

“Two painters were once asked to paint a picture illustrating his own idea of rest. The first chose for his scene a quiet, lonely lake, nestled among mountains far away. The second, using swift, broad strokes on canvas, painted a thundering waterfall. Beneath the falls grew a fragile birch tree, bending over the foam. On its branches, nearly wet with the spray form the falls, sat a robin on its nest.

The first painting was simply a picture of stagnation and inactivity. The second, however, depicted REST.

Outwardly, Christ endured one of the most troubled lives ever lived.
Storms and turmoil, turmoil and storms – wave after wave broke over Him until His worn body was laid in the tomb. Yet His INNER LIFE was a smooth as a sea of glass, and a great calm was always there.

Anyone could have gone to Him at any time and found rest. Even as the human bloodhounds were dogging Him in the streets of Jerusalem, He turned to His disciples, offering them a final legacy: ‘MY PEACE!”

Rest is not some holy feeling that comes upon us in church. It is a state of calm rising from a heart deeply and firmly established in God.

My peace I give in times of deepest grief, Imparting calm and trust and My relief.

My peace I give when prayer seems lost, unheard; Know that My promises are ever in My Word.

My peace I give when you are left alone – The nightingale at night has sweetest tone.

My peace I give in times of utter loss,
The way of glory leads right to the cross.

My peace I give when enemies will blame, Your fellowship is sweet through cruel shame.

My peace I give in agony and sweat,
For My own brow with bloody drops was wet.

My peace I give when nearest friend betrays – Peace that is merged in love, and for them prays.

My peace I give when there’s but death for thee – The gateway is the cross to get to Me.

From STREAMS IN THE DESERT by Mrs. Cowman – Zondervan

Are you in need of HIS PEACE today? I pray that today we would experience HIS perfect peace!

Great quote: The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer, nor those who say they believe in prayer, nor yet those who can explain about prayer; but I mean these people who take time and pray. They have not time. It must be taken from something else. This something else is important, very important, and pressing, but still less important and less pressing than prayer. There are people that put prayer first, and group the other items in life's schedule around and after prayer. S. D. Gordon

No comments: