Tuesday, August 01, 2006

ATTENTION: HAND SUPPORTERS NEEDED

ATTENTION: HAND SUPPORTERS NEEDED

"But Moses' hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set." Exodus 17:12
The battle was intense and Moses was weary. As long as Moses' hands were raised, Israel was winning the battle. As soon as his hands came down, defeat! Aaron and Hur were clued into what was happening and realized that the length and intensity of the battle was wearing Moses' down. He was bone tired and was having difficulty staying with the stuff. So they came alongside of him, put a stone under him to sit on, and these two friends, rather than stand by and criticize and "Monday morning quarterbacking" -- got involved and became a part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
Notice they didn't give Moses advice or even quote Scripture to him. They stepped up to the plate and stood by their man. Their encouragement and support not only helped Moses, it enabled the enemy to be defeated.
Last week I shared with you that I was pretty discouraged and felt the intensity of the battle. The Lord has sent several Aaron's and Hur's into my life in the past couple of days, and I want to share with you what happened yesterday. The mother of one of my leadership staff stopped in to see me yesterday to encourage me. She has been a very faithful prayer warrior and has such a sweet spirit.
Mrs. Beltle came into my office and I walked over to give her a big hug. She put her arms around me and said, "Now Bill Welte, I want to pray for you." And for the next five minutes, this precious lady poured out her heart to God on my behalf and her faith and love strengthened my spirit in a special way. Mrs. Beltle did what the writer of Hebrews exhorted believers to do in Hebrews 12:12 "Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble . . ." She became a "Hand-Supporter" for me and I praise the Lord for using her in my life to encourage me at just the right time!
There are people all around you who need encouragement. I have a burden for Pastors, and I want to encourage my Freedom Fighter family -- become an Aaron or Hur to your Pastor. He needs your encouragement and prayers. Take some time this morning and ask the Lord to show you people who need your support. Your hand support can make a difference in someone's life today. Stop standing on the sidelines. Get involved and make a difference!
Thank You, Lord, for Mrs. Beltle!
Great quote: A church that has passion is a church where discouraged folks cheer up, dishonest folks 'fess up, sour folks sweeten up, closed folk, open up, gossipers shut up, conflicted folks make up, sleeping folks wake up, lukewarm folk, fire up, dry bones shake up, and pew potatoes stand up! But most of all, Christ the Savior of the entire world is lifted up.

Davon Huss

No comments: