Tuesday, May 23, 2006

FIVE BENEFITS IF YOU LEARN TO WAIT

FIVE BENEFITS IF YOU LEARN TO WAIT

My good friend, Dr "B," president of INVEST IN A LIFE, sends me all kinds of encouraging notes throughout the year. She also has a resource equipping center (THE BEEHIVE) at Sandy Cove. Recently she sent me a bookmark that gives five principles of learning to wait.

SLOW ME DOWN, LORD . . .

1. Waiting is the key to PERCEPTION
"Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in you truth and teach me for you are the God of my salvation; on you do I wait all the day." -- Psalm 25:4,5

2. Waiting results in PROTECTION
"My soul waits for the Lord; He is my help and shield. For my heart shall rejoice in Him because I have trusted in His holy name." -- Psalm 33:20-21

3. Waiting gives PERSPECTIVE
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: Fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices." -- Psalm 37:7

4. Waiting sees God's PROVISION
"The Lord is good to them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him." -- Lamentations 3:25

5. Waiting results in POWER
"But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." -- Isaiah 40:31

Good words for you to ponder today.

THOUGHT: God is looking for imperfect men and women who have learned to walk in moment-by-moment dependence on the Holy Spirit. Christians who have come to terms with their inadequacies, fears, and failures. Believers who have become discontent with 'surviving' and have taken the time to investigate everything God has to offer in this life. -- Charles Stanley

Join us this Saturday for our Community Open House at America's KESWICK from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM. I'd love to see you! Games, great food, and helicopter rides! For information, visit our website (www.americaskeswick.org) or call 732-350-1187.

No comments: