Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I AM PRAYING FOR YOU

Over the years I have worked at trying not to make a promise to someone that I would pray for them. Why? I tend to have a poor "rememberer." What I do try and do is pray for the person right on then so that I do not forget. Years ago, one of my mentors taught me the value of even
praying for someone on the phone. I then ask the Holy Spirit to bring back to my mind the people that I have prayed with. It is a precious privilege to pray with and intercede with others.

It is an encouragement to me when someone comes up to me or drops me a note to let me know that they are praying for me. Often those notes come at "just the right time." But it is an even greater comfort to be reminded that there is SOMEONE else praying for us -- JESUS CHRIST!

As I was reading the Word in my quiet time last week, two verses stood out from the DAILY LIGHT ON THE DAILY PATH that reminded me of HIS prayer ministry in my life. There is a time in Peter's life when Jesus reminded him that Satan had asked for Peter and wanted to "sift him as wheat." And then Jesus says, "BUT I HAVE PRAYED FOR YOU, THAT YOUR FAITH
SHOULD NOT FAIL." (Luke 22:31-32)
The writer to the book of Hebrews reminds us that the ONE who sits at the right hand of the Father, "He always lives to make intercession for you!" (Hebrews 7:25) He is praying for you today, my friend! WOW! As our friend, Dr. Wendell Calder says, "That ought to get your exciter going or there is something wrong with your exciter!"

"Jesus Christ carries on intercession for us in heaven; the Holy Spirit carries on intercession in us on earth; and we the saints, have to carry on intercession for all men!" -- Oswald Chambers

Good words to ponder today!

No comments: