Monday, December 12, 2011

What's Real

WHAT’S REAL!

“The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.”  (Proverbs 20:7)

            The Lord taught me a great message while going through an ordeal of paralysis.  I had felt as though I had nothing left that was real.  I could not breathe on my own, eat, scratch an itch, or wipe a tear.  What did I have that was real?  Spell the word REAL and discover what God showed me.

            Relationships: 1) Friends and relatives (2 Corinthians 1:10-11).  Real friends and relatives loving and supporting me via cards and calls from everywhere in the world, all praying for me.  2) Children (Psalm 127:3).   My sons prayed with me, held me, exercised me, red me, cried with me.  They were my heritage and reward from the Lord.  Now, that’s real!  3) Spouse (Proverbs 18:22).  Though suffering with a muscle disease herself, she was always there for me: visiting, praying, helping.  Her relationship was real!  4) God and Jesus.  Most important!  A relationship with God?  Really!  (Leviticus 26:12).  He kept His promise: He was with me, and I was His (John 10).  Jesus shepherded me constantly (Romans 8:14-71).  I was His.  For real!

            Eternal Life: I was reminded that I had nothing to fear – I had eternal life (John 10:28-29).  It was just me and God…and where I would spend eternity.  Countless verses in the Gospel of John instruct to believe and have eternal life.  That was real to me that no on could take from me.

            Activity: I thought about the greatest times in my life when I was doing things with others for the Lord.  I thought I might lose it all.  But I was becoming aware that all the activity in my life up to that point could not be taken away from me.  Every activity had been real! 

            Legacy: What would I leave behind?  What impact have I made on others?  My life – had it been real? Proverbs 20:7 says that a righteous man blessed those after him.  My legacy was for real – not even the enemy could steal that from me.

            God has restored all back to me.  Real things cannot be taken from you.  What is real for you today?  Relationships, Eternal life, Activity, Legacy – they can be yours!

Call today for your copy.
732-350-1187
Chaplain Jack Noel served at America’s Keswick for 18 years. He is now retired and living in Lancaster, PA.

Today’s devotional is from REAL VICTORY FOR REAL LIFE. Great devotional for you to begin next year. Call today for you today -- $10 plus shipping and handling (732-350-1197)

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Acts 20:4-23:35; Psalm 132; Proverbs 12

Compass Pointers: The voice of God is a friendly voice. No one need fear to listen to it unless he has already made up his mind to resist it. A. W. Tozer

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: John 17:21; Level 2: John 17:12-19

Anchored to the Rock: Restraining prayer we cease to fight; Prayer makes the Christian’ armor bright; and Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knee. William Cowper

No comments: