Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jesus Pleads for Me

Jesus Pleads for Me

Here is a great hymn from Charles Haddon Spurgeon’s Hymnal, Our Own Hymn-Book – A Collection of Psalms and Hymns for Public, Social and Private Worship. It was compiled in the mid 1800’s and used at The Metropolitan Tabernacle, London, England:

Jesus Pleads for Me

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea;
A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
Whoever lives and pleads or me.

My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that, while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see Him there,
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him, and pardon me.

Behold Him there! The bleeding Lamb!
My perfect, spotless Righteousness,
The great unchangeable, “I Am,”
The King of glory and of grace.

One with Himself, I cannot die,
My soul is purchased by His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ, my Savior and my God. – Charitie Lee Smith, 1863

Meditate on these words as you prepare your hearts for this Lord’s Day. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Isaiah 28-30; Psalm 9; Proverbs 10

Compass Pointers: A man ought to live so that everybody knows he is a Christian...and most of all, his family ought to know. Dwight L Moody

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 28:9; Level 2: Proverbs 28:6-10

Anchored to the Rock: Prayer-time must be kept as duly as meal-time. Matthew Henry

No comments: