Sunday, April 10, 2011

An Overflowing Heart of Gratitude

An Overflowing Heart of Gratitude

As you prepare your heart to worship the Lord today, here is a paraphrase of Psalm 9 from Leslie Brandt’s book, Psalms Now:

My heart overflows with gratitude to God,
I feel so exuberant … I simply must express or explode.
I will give voice to my exultations;
I will sing Your praises, O my God.

You helped me stand firm in spite of those who had it in for me,
And they were not successful in their successful in their efforts to discredit me.

You have destroyed great forces in history that rose up to oppose You.
You continue to rule over our fractured world, to sit in judgment over its
   nations and peoples.
You offer Your strong hand to those who are oppressed,
Your loving concern to those who are troubled.
You never hide from those who seek You or forsake those who cling to You.

Sing the praises of God; proclaim loudly His deeds to the people.
For while He judges evildoers, He hears and remembers the cries of those in the distant.

I need always Your gracious love.
You know all about my inner fears and doubts.
You hold me back from the brink of destruction..
You make it possible for me to sing Your praises
   And to rejoice in Your perpetual deliverance.
Ungodly nations sink in their own sewage,
Men who promote evil snare themselves in their own nets,
But those who recognize their needs of You shall be found by You.

Is it any wonder my heart overflows with gratitude to God?

Is your heart overflowing today as You think about ALL He has done for You? Take time today to tell Him how much You love Him! Worship Him! Adore Him!  -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: 1 Samuel  9-12; Psalm 92; Proverbs 10

Compass Pointers: Hallowed by Your name, Lord. Do whatever it takes to be holy in my life. Take your rightful place on the throne. Exalt yourself. Magnify yourself. Glorify yourself. You be Lord, and I'll be quiet. Max Lucado

Navigation Rules to Memorize:  Level 1: Proverbs 15:1; Level 2: Proverbs 15:29-33

Anchored to the Rock: He who prays as he ought will endeavor to live as he prays. John Owen

Two reminders: we need your help with the Family Freedom Walk. The ladies are way ahead of us. Call today or use this link: www.americaskeswick.org/givenow (732-350-1187)


Join us this Thursday night for our Men's Fellowship with special guest speaker Pastor Paul Ort, First Baptist Egg Harbor. Dinner starts at 6:15 PM followed by a great program. Please call for reservations: 732-350-1187

No comments: