Saturday, March 26, 2011

Learning from Your Mistakes

Learning From Your Mistakes

What did Paul learn while standing on Mar’s Hill
            Speaking to the folk gathered there?
Why did they not turn to his Savior
And suddenly become men of prayer?

They said that Paul had interesting thoughts
            And that, perhaps, they might hear more.
But an Unknown God could not be known
            They were no better than they were before.

He left Mar’s Hill for the harbor
            To the church he had long ago started.
But what he found when he got there
            Were divided people. He became broken hearted.

No eloquent words left his lips.
            No miracles marked his speech then.
If they would follow his Savior
            It would not be because of Him.

 It would be because of the Savior’s Cross
            Which would never lose its power.
Only the cross can change a heart
            And it will to this very hour.

January 30,2011 – Written by Pastor George Van Sandt. Pastor Van will serve as Campus Pastor again this summer at America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Joshua 12-15; Psalm 78:40-72; Proverbs 26

Compass Pointers: “I keep trying to find a life, on my own apart from You. I am the king of excuses, I’ve got one for every selfish thing I do. What’s going on inside of me? I despise my own behavior. This only serves to confirm my suspicions that I’m still a man in need of a savior.…..O Lord be my Light and my Salvation. The disease of the self runs through my blood, like cancer fatal to the soul. Every attempt on my behalf has failed, to keep the sickness under control…Lord be my Light and be my salvation.” Charlie Peacock, “In the Light”

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 12:25; Level 2: Proverbs 12:17-22

Anchored to the Rock: Pray, and then start answering your prayer. Deane Edwards

No comments: