Saturday, February 26, 2011

How Majestic Is Your Name

How Majestic is Your Name

Years ago I found a delightful book of paraphrases of the Psalms called Psalms Now, written by Leslie Brandt.  I was surprised and pleased to see that it is still in print and can be ordered from Amazon.com.

As you prepare your heart for worship tomorrow, here is a fresh look at Psalm 8

O God, how full of wonder and splendor You are!
I see the reflections of Your beauty and hear the sounds of Your majesty wherever I turn. Even the babbling of babes and the laughter of children spell out Your name in indefinable syllables.

When I gave into star-studded skies and attempt to comprehend the vast differences, I contemplate in utter amazement my Creator’s concern for me. I am dumbfounded that You should care personally about me.

And yet You have made me in Your image. You have called me Your son. You have ordained me as Your priest and chosen me as Your servant. You have assigned me the fantastic responsibility of carrying on Your creative activity.

O God, how full of wonder You are!

Take some time to think this morning about the wonderful, majestic God that loves YOU! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Numbers 7; Psalm 53; Proverbs 26

Compass Pointers: All our activity is sowing and so is our inactivity. John Blanchard

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 9:10-11; Level 2: Proverbs 9:7-12

Anchored to the Rock: Saying prayers without praying is blasphemy. Brownlow North

No comments: