Sunday, February 27, 2011

Come, Thou Fount

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

“A fountain opened … to cleanse them from sin and iniquity.” Zechariah 13:1

Today is the Lord’s day, and I love this hymn. Take some time to think through the words:

Come, Thou fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace.
Streams of mercy NEVER ceasing,
Call for sounds of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount – I’m fixed upon it --
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Hither to Thy love has blest me,
Thou hast brought me to this place,
and I know Thy hand will bring me,
Safely home by Thy good grace.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God.
HE, to rescue ME from danger,
Bought ME with HIS precious blood.

O, to grace how great a debtor,
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, as a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s MY heart, O take and seal it --
Seal it for Thy courts above!

Wow! What a glorious hymn. Sing it! Pray it! Worship Him as you reflect on the Words. Today is all about HIM! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Numbers 8-10; Psalm 54; Proverbs 27

Compass Pointers: The gospel is not a doctrine of the tongue, but of life. John Calvin

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 9:10-11; Level 2: Proverbs 9:7-12

Anchored to the Rock: We may as well not pray at all as offer our prayers in a lifeless manner. William S. Plummer

No comments: