Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Amazing Word of God

The Amazing Word of God

The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them. Hosea 14:9

I love God’s Word and I trust you do too. There are many Christians today who have drifted away from the love for this amazing God-breathed book that can radically change and transform our lives.

Here is how one person communicated their passion for God’s Word:
I believe the Bible to be the Word of God:
Because it is the champion of human liberties.
Because it is founded upon justice and mercy.
Because it fills men with a desire to help others.
Because it presents the divine-human person – Christ!
Because it points out the Way from sin to salvation.
Because it brings peace and comfort to heart and mind.
Because no other book has ever been so loved and hated.
Because its life stories have a perennial, universal charm.
Because it reveals the only dispensable Man – Jesus Christ.
Because its influence is rapidly traveling to the whole world.
Because after two thousand years of publication it is still the world’s best-seller.
Because it records the only authentic history of the human race.
Because its benefits are not limited to any race, color, or condition.
Because, when accepted, men immediately seek for better things.
Because it provides the only real consolation for men dying in war.
Because in studying its words we “breathe the atmosphere of eternity.”
Because its messages of hope have saved many from destruction.
Because it recognizes and upholds dignity and individuality of every person.
Because those who would destroy it have not furnished any substitute of value.
I believe the Bible to be the Word of God; because it reveals the ONLY WAY out of this present world into a better one! – C. E. Holmes

Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God? I do know this – He longs for you to read HIS WORD and to study it and make it a part of your life. If you have stopped reading it or believing it, today is a new day. Grab your Bible, open it up, and allow God to speak to your heart and transform your life. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 4; Jeremiah 32-33; Hebrews 1

Dig This Quote: There is tremendous relief in knowing that His love to me is utterly realistic, based at every point on prior knowledge of the worst about me, so that no discovery can disillusion Him about me, in the way I am so often disillusioned about myself, and quench His determination to bless me. There is, certainly, great cause for humility in the thought that He sees all the twisted things about me that my fellow-men do not see (and I am glad!), and that He sees more corruption in me than that which I see in myself (which, in all conscience, is enough). There is, however, equally great incentive to worship and love God in the thought that, for some unfathomable reason, He wants me as His friend, and desires to be my friend, and has given His Son to die for me in order to realize this purpose. James I (J. I.) Packer

Determined Digging: Level 1: John 8:31-32; Level 2: Isaiah 40:28-31

Determined Praying: Prayer is weakness leaning on omnipotence. – E. M. Bounds

No comments: