Sunday, August 01, 2010

Be Thou My Vision


BE THOU MY VISION
"Leave us not I pray thee ... and thou mayest be to us instead of eyes." Numbers 10:31
I am writing this on Saturday and it is just gorgeous out! The birds are singing and the temperatures are down. It is a beautiful day to end a really busy week.
As we begin a new week, I was reminded of this wonderful old Irish hymn that packs a powerful message:
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Nought be all else to me, save that Thou art --
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Great hymn to use as you prepare your heart to worship HIM today! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK
Digging Deeper: Proverbs 1; Psalm 57-59; Romans 4
Dig This Quote: Nothing makes us so bold in prayer as when we can look into the eye of God and say to Him, "Thou knowest that I am not praying for personal advantage, nor to avoid hardship, nor that my own will in any way should be done, but only for this, that Thy name might be glorified. Ole Kristian O. Hallesby
Determined Digging: Level 1:Isaiah 53:6; Level 2: Psalm 103:11-14
Determined Praying: You can do more than pray after you have prayed, but you cannot do more than pray until you have prayed. -- John Bunyan
Join us this week at America's KESWICK as Dr. Dave Epstein and Dr. Roger Willmore share God's Word from the pulpit of America's KESWICK. You can watch live: www.americaskeswick.org

No comments: