Saturday, July 31, 2010

The PUSH Continues

THE PUSH CONTINUES

"Therefore, confess your sin to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The intense pray of the righteous is very powerful." James 5:16

We are on our third week of PUSH = Pray Until Something Happens. I am very encouraged to have people joining me each morning. How many -- well it really doesn't matter if it is just one or too. I purposed not to get into a numbers game with this initiative. But I have been surprised and pleased that others have been willing to sacrifice this 30 minute block of time Monday - Thursday at 7:30 AM.

I am learning much about prayer (and they say you can't teach and old dog ...). And it seems that right now my spiritual eyes and ears are seeing and hearing things that I hadn't learned before. It's cool.

Jesus had much to say about prayer. The late Dr. Ron Dunn, a Southern Baptist preacher, shared four truths that Jesus taught on prayer:

1. When Jesus encourages us to pray He always uses LIMITLESS language. ("Whatever you ask," "Ask, seek, knock,"). So don't pray as if God has declared bankruptcy!

2. Jesus reminds us to ask in HIS name. ("Whatever you ask in My name" -- according to HIS character, to honor HIS name.)

3. Jesus reminds us HE HIMSELF is the answer. (He didn't say, "I'll give you advice," or "I will help you." He said, "I will do it!" Many of our prayers are limited because we limit in our MINDS what WE think God can do.

4. Jesus assures us HE will answer. ("That the Father may be glorified in the Son" -- the motive behind our asking is the glory of God.)

So brothers, are you willing to pray the way Jesus instructed? Will you join me in the journey and PUSH = Pray Until Something Happens? If you can't meet with physically at America's KESWICK, you can join us at the throne of grace wherever you are! Let me know if you are joining me! It would be a huge encouragement. And share your prayer requests with me. We want to pray with and for you too! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 31; Psalm 54-56; Romans 3

Dig This Quote: I want Thy plan, O God, for my life. May I be happy and contented whether in the homeland or on the foreign field; whether married or alone, in happiness or sorrow, health or sickness, prosperity or adversity - I want Thy plan, O God, for my life. I want it; oh, I want it. Oswald J. Smith

Determined Digging: Level 1: Isaiah 40:31; Level 2: Psalm 103:6-10

Determined Praying: Lack of prayer does not handicap us; it paralyzes us! -- Dr. Warren Wiersbe

No comments: