Friday, February 05, 2010

Thinking Rich

Thinking Rich

"Correct me, O Lord, but with justice; not with Thine anger, lets Thou bring me to nothing." Jeremiah 10:24

Have you ever stopped to think about how good you have it? Have you ever noticed how quickly we complain when the littlest of things either change our plans or our agenda for the day? We get frustrated when our technology equipment doesn't work, or the Internet is down, or we have to sit in traffic, stand in line, or simply have to wait?

Well brothers, we often think like paupers, rather than thinking like King's kids! What devotional author, Dr. Glynn Evans wrote in his book, DAILY WITHE THE KING, whacked me on the side of the head this morning. Maybe you need this too?

Lord, I promise that by YOUR help I will never poor mouth again. Most of Your children do not need a dose of poverty; they need a dose of faith.

"All things are yours," You told us through Paul (1 Corinthians 3:21). But most of the time I have not believed this word. I have lived as a pauper, a beggar, in spite of what You distinctly said, "The Lord ... daily leadeth us with benefits." (Psalm 68:19)

So I tossed on my bed, feeling cheated, left out, denied. Lord, is this the portion you had for me? You have tried to teach me, Lord, that all things are mine in Christ. Also, You have tried to teach me that You select the daily portion meant personally for me from the great storehouse of "all things."

What a rebel I am, Lord. My nightly unhappiness is simply childish rebellion against Your portion for me during the day. I need to master the idea that what happens in my life each day is what You send. It is YOUR portion wrapped in the ribbons of love. Each day yields what YOU send and I cannot lose it. Nothing planned for me is denied me. Whatever arrives is heaven's recipe.

Yet You have said, "All things are yours." IN CHRIST, I am heir to the universe. I vow to remember my wealth and think rich. I vow to remember that my daily portion, whether bitter or sweet, is given by YOUR love and cannot be lost. I will receive all that Christ has for me. This, Lord, will banish the inferiority and bring quiet acceptance.

Brothers, are we thinking like spiritual paupers or King's Kids? Do you have, as Zig Ziglar says, "stinkin' thinkin" or do you need to step back this morning, fall on your knees and thank Him for ALL that you have IN CHRIST? Think about it! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

DIGGING DEEPER: Proverbs 5; Exodus 36-38; Matthew 23:1-22

DIG THIS QUOTE: God’s will done in any way but God’s way is not God’s will. – Bruce Wilkinson

DETERMINED DIGGING: Level 1 - Psalm 16:8; Level 2 -- Psalm 23

No comments: