Monday, December 07, 2009

Christ Mean Adequacy and Peace

Christ Means Adequacy and Peace

"Peace I leave with you; MY peace I give to you, not as the world gives, do I give you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27

Are you experiencing HIS peace today in your life? Are you at rest or are you living the turmoil filled life?

Well if you are not living in the peace Christ has provided for you, my brother, then these words from Dr. Glyn Evans are for you:

Peace is one of the fruits of the Spirit and is always a result of a previously devised set of conditions. Peace is the possession and realization of adequate resources. The work of JESUS CHRIST is to provide those adequate resources, and the work of the Holy Spirit is to make me realize them.

Since Christ has a done a perfect work of redemption, the problem in obtaining peace is not His, it is mine. The Holy Spirit's frustration with me (being "grieved" or "quenched") is because I can resist His attempts to get me to act upon what Christ has provided me.

There are only two ways in which I can be without peace: by not knowing what Christ has provided for me, and/or by not availing myself of what He has provided. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13, NSRB) Wonderfully true, but only if I avail myself of His strength!

I arrive a peace by KNOWING what CHRIST has done for me, and that means saturation with the WORD. To live constantly in the Word is to be constantly reminded of everything Jesus Christ has put at my disposal. That constant reminder is a stimulus to my faith, for "faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17). As I read the marvelous provisions that Jesus Christ has bought for me, faith is put into action to use those provisions. Soon I am cashing in on my merchandise, and the result is a feeling of adequacy, which leads to peace.

I will always feel distressed, and depressed, whenever I feel that the resources within are inadequate to meet the problems without. Jesus Christ came to make me adequate! I must honor Him by believing it, and I must let peace be the manifestation of it. -- from Daily with the King

Good word for today, my brothers, as we begin this new week in December. How is your peace level today? -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for US: Proverbs 7; Daniel 5-7; 2 John

Great Quote: "Hell is giving to men what they wanted all their lives -- freedom from God!" -- Dr. Horace Fenton, former director of of the Latin American Mission. Dr. Fenton surrendered his heart and life to Christ during a youth retreat at America's KESWICK many years ago!

It's not too late to make reservations for our Christmas Dinner Concert with violinist, Jamie Jorge, for this Thursday night. Call the front desk for reservations. Come enjoy a delicious meal and a blessing of worshipping the Lord. 732-350-1187.

No comments: