Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Show Me Your Glory

Show Me Your Glory

"Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, show me know thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight." Exodus 33:13

Sometimes when I reading the Old Testament, which I am doing now -- I find myself saying, "Wouldn't it be cool to experience God the way Moses, Joshua, David and Elijah did?" Think of the amazing ways that they experienced God that have been recorded for us in the Scriptures.

The reality is that you and I can experience Him today in those same ways. God is always at work around us and He wants us to experience Him in a personal way. The question is do I really want to experience Him?

A. W. Tozer wrote these words: Come near to the holy men and women of the past and you will soon feel the heart of their desire after God. They mourned for Him, they prayed and wrestled and sought for Him day and night, in season and out, and when they had found Him the finding was all the sweeter for the long seeking.

Moses used the face that God was an argument for knowing Him better. "Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in your sight, show me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight" (Exodus 33:13); and from there he rose to make the daring request, "I beseech thee, show me thy glory" (Exodus 33:18).

God was frankly pleased by Moses' display of ardor, and the next day He called Moses into the mount, and there is solemn procession, made all His glory pass before Him.

David's life was a torrent of spiritual desire, and his psalms ring with the cry of the seeker and the glad shout of the finder. Paul confessed the mainspring of his life to be his burning desire after Christ. "That I may know Him" (Philippians 3:10) was the goal of his heart, and to this he sacrificed everything.

Brothers, is that the burning of your heart today? To know Him? If we really want to know Him and experience Him, I believe that He will do for us exactly what He did for Moses -- He will show us His glory. Are you willing to take that step today? -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 4; Jeremiah 32-33; Hebrews 1

Great Quote: I am convinced that a downgrading in priority of...prayer and biblical meditation is a major cause of weakness in many Christian communities....Bible study demands pondering deeply on a short passage, like a cow chewing her cud. It is better to read a little and ponder a lot than to read a lot and ponder a little. Denis Parsons Burkitt

No comments: