Saturday, September 19, 2009

Can You Pray This?

Can You Pray This?

"Lord, teach us to pray ..." Luke 11:1

From time to time I have shared with you prayers that have been written by men who deeply love God. This morning I want to share one that is very convicting.

Lord,
today I choose to spread light and not shadows,
grace and not pain,
love and not apathy,
peace and not anger,
deep delight and not sharp sorrow.

I choose to stand on the rock and not the sand,
to glory in YOU and not myself,
to lift others up and not push them down,
to leave boasting to those with
more reasons to do it than I.

I choose to revel in thanksgiving rather than
discontent,
to foster a sense of enoughness rather than moreness,
to be attuned to needs and not just desires.

Here, I offer my heart and my longings,
my dreams and my priorities,
my goals and my habits,
my choices and opinions.

So in the strength that you offer,
and by the grace that you give,
I offer my "yes" to you.
Here it clearly
Nothing and no one above you.
That is my pledge today. -- from A HEART EXPOSED -- Talking to God With Nothing to Hide by Steven James (published by our good friends from Revell)

That is my prayer for today -- for me! How about you? Can you pray this today? -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 1; Ecclesiastes 1-3; 2 Corinthians 11:16-33

Great Quote: A sacrifice is a gift of the essence or the product of our lives. It may be a gift of our time, a gift of our talent, or a gift of our treasure. Whatever shape it takes, it is a sacrifice given with no regard for a return on the investment. John Garmo

No comments: