Sunday, June 21, 2009

God is Always at Work Around You

God is Always at Work Around You

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" (Isaiah 30:21)

It is so easy to have tunnel vision and get our heads buried in the sand. We can choose to live like an ostrich, or soar like and eagle when it comes to seeing God at work all around us.

Today was one of those moments that every speaker, teacher and writer dreads -- living what you preach! I hate when that happens.

I alluded yesterday to a very difficult situation I am going through, I had to be stretched out of my comfort zone. Quite honestly, I felt like Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane -- "If it be possible, let this cup pass from me!"

I had to be a part of a phone call that was going to be hard and difficult. This morning, God spoke to my heart from his Word and through Streams in the Desert. The verse at the top of today's blog was my prayer. This was the words He gave me from "Streams" ---

When you have doubts or are facing difficulties, when others suggest courses of action that are conflicting, when caution dictates one approach but faith another, we should be still. We should quiet each intruding person, calm ourselves in the stillness of God's presence, study His Word for guidance, and with true devotion focus our attention on Him. We should life our nature in the pure light radiating from His face, having an eagerness to know only what God will determine for us. Soon He will reveal by His secret counsel a distinct and unmistakable sense of His direction.

You must also have the courage to wait in silent expectation, even when everyone around you is insisting on an immediate decision or action. If you will do these things, the will of God will become clear to you. And you will have a deeper concept of who HE is, having more insight into HIS nature and HIS heart of love.

Part of the poem for that day was this:

"STAND STILL," my soul, for so your Lord commands:
E'en when your way seems blocked, leave it in HIS hands;

HIS arm is mighty to divide the wave.
"STAND STILL," my soul, "stand still" and you will see
How God can work the "impossible" for thee,
For with a great deliverance He does save.

I obviously cannot go into the details, but let me tell you this -- GOD WAS FAITHFUL TO HIS WORD. It was an "exceedingly-abundantly-above and beyond-all you could ask or think" moment! You see -- God was at work ALL around me.

What are you facing? My friend, HE wants you to experience HIM! Stand still! Get into His Word! Pray! Seek His face! And allow Him to reveal to you how HE is at work ALL around you! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 21; Esther 3-5; Acts 5:22-42

Great Quote: "He knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." Think of that when you are tempted to question the gentleness of His leading. He is remembering all the time; and not one step will He make you take beyond what your foot is able to endure. Never mind if you think it will not be able for the step that seems to come next; either He will so strengthen it that it shall be able, or He will call a sudden halt, and you shall not have to take it at all. Frances Ridley Havergal

No comments: