Thursday, May 14, 2009

That You May Marvel

That You May Marvel

"The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all thing that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works, that you may marvel." John 5:19-20

I think one of the things we miss as men is seeing the wonder of it all. God is always at work around us, yet for some reason we just miss so many of the marvels that are right before our very eyes.

They come in shapes and sizes. They are packaged in so many different ways. Let me name just a few that have touched me in recent days:

1. We had our first Family Freedom Walk fundraiser for the Colony of Mercy. All week long the weather forecasters predicted rain and thundershowers for Saturday. God blessed us with an absolutely beautiful day despite the forecast on the day of the event which still called for a high percentage of thunderstorms.

2. Our Director of Development, Bill Pruitt (a Colony grad) had what I believe were high hopes for the amount of money that would come in for this event. When he said, $30,000 -- my flesh was saying, "yeah right" and my heart was saying, "Please honor Bill's faith." Guess who was wrong -- ME! The Lord brought in over $35,000 and the funds are still coming in.

3. Today was our Spring Ladies Day with Allison Durham Speer. She was scared to death to speak to 700 ladies, but there were numerous times that God spoke in a "marveling" way. She shared an illustration about a friend who had committed suicide. Significance? Little did Allison know that there were five ladies who have all had someone commit suicide in the past six months!!!

During the next several days, I want to share with you some of the amazing ways we have seen God at work since this time last year when we walked through our granddaughters going to heaven. Many of you followed with us on the journey. It has been an incredible ride -- and we MARVEL at what the Lord has done. I would encourage you to take a look at Lindsay's blog -- since this time last year, there have been 68,856 visits to her blog: http://lindsaykeswick.blogspot.com/

Guys: open your eyes and heart. God is at work all around you. Can you see Him? Hear him speaking? He's real! He's there! He wants to show Himself in ways that you cannot even begin to imagine. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 14; 2 Kings 19-21; John 4:1-30

Great Quote: I did not know my savage thirst until You led me to Your well. I did not know I lived in chains until You freed me. Randy Stonehill

No comments: