Thursday, February 12, 2009

WOW Moment

WOW Moment
Normally I start out Freedom Fighter with a verse of Scripture. I will end today with a passage from Psalm 63.
Today I had one of those WOW moments. I was in my office after lunch and my two grandkids came running into my office. Emma came in first and ran right to the candy dish! Little Ethan came in, and much to my delight, looked over at me with his big smile and put his arms out for me to come get him.
That is a delight to any Pop-pop! I will forever cherish the moment -- My grandson wanted me and my immediate response was to rush over to him and pull him into my arms. It filled my tank for the entire afternoon.
I thought about how my Heavenly Father must feel when I come into His presence with the desire to run into His arms and love all over Him. I know -- theologically someone might say that God is holy and righteous, and He is, so that wouldn't be possible. After all, He's God and you can't ever expect to hug Almighty God.
OK -- but why would the Apostle Paul, the one who called himself the greatest sinner, even think of referring to God as "my Poppa, my Poppa" in Romans 8.
Someone I think it delights the Father when we burst into His presence with praise, adoration and love!
Here are some wonderful verses from Psalm 63. I am using The Message -- now please don't write me nasty letters. I use The Message for my devotional reading not for study. I love the word pictures especially in the Psalms. Listen ...
God -- you're MY God! I can't get enough of YOU! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts.
So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in YOUR strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath.
I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy; I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises! If I'm sleepless at midnight, I spend hours in grateful reflection. Because you've always stood up for me, I'm free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post. -- Psalm 63:1-8
Somehow I think my heavenly Poppa longs for you and me to run to Him and declare -- "I love you, Lord! When was the last time you greeted Him with such an expression of praise? I think He's waiting to hear from YOU! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK
God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 12; Leviticus 13; Matthew 26:26-50
Great Quote: To call yourself a child of God is one thing. To be called a child of God by those who watch your life is another thing altogether. Max Lucado
It's not too late to join us tonight for our February Men's Fellowship Night. Dinner starts at 6:15 PM. Please call today for reservations. 732-350-1187

No comments: