Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What Will Jesus Say to Me?

What will Jesus say to me?

“Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you; You will find the Babe in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.” Luke 2:10-12


The time that surrounded the death of my father is still a little blurry. But I do remember the night of the viewing. I come from a nutty background and that is reflected in some of the folks I am related to. At my father’s viewing I saw some people I have not seen in a real long time. I had to ask some of them to re-introduce themselves to me. I had hoped that they were not offended. When it comes to family who knows?

Since then I have heard some very sad tales about addictions and extra martial affairs that run deep among my cousin’s. I praise God that He stopped me when He did. And then there an uncle that I see from time to time. He is my mother’s brother and he is not too much older than me. He has done very well for himself. I visited his company’s website and got a glimpse of his position with them. WOW! I am just a production manger in a vinyl fence/railing company. But this guy…WOW!!

I have also come to know this guy who has the great responsibility of overseeing the daily operations of America’s Keswick. I have considered it quite an honor to know Bill Welte. I consider him a good man of God and at times a fine example of strength under control or dare I use the word, meekness. I was quite taken back on one of his recent Freedom Fighters. It sounded like he had the same “WOW” hit him with the company that he was surrounded by.

But there was a bigger “Wow” that happened many years ago, the birth of Jesus Christ, Savior of the world. God sent his only Son to come down here to hang out with us. That is a major “WOW”!! When I get to hang out with folks who I think have more on the ball than I do I get like those guys in the Wayne’s World movie “I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy.” But will I do that when my times comes to actually meet the Savior of the world? Will I fall down like Wayne and Garth and bow and say “I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy.”? And what will Jesus say to me? I wish a Merry Christmas to all the Freedom Fighter Brethren. -- Chris Hughes is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and a frequent Freedom Fighter Contributor

God's WORD for You: Proverbs 24; Habakkuk; Revelation 15

Great Quote: "While I regarded God as a tyrant I thought my sin a trifle; But when I knew Him to be my Father, then I mourned that I could ever have kicked against Him. When I thought God was hard, I found it easy to sin; but when I found God so kind, so good, so overflowing with compassion, I smote upon my breast to think that I could ever have rebelled against One who loved me so, and sought my good." C.H. Spurgeon

No comments: