Friday, December 05, 2008

Don't Miss Out

Don't Miss Out

"And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son." But the father said to his servants, "Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to celebrate." Luke 15:20-24 (ESV)

For the past month and a half my son and I would go over to my parent's house and do some odd jobs and the most recent of them being installing a wood burning fire place in my father's work shop. He had one in there made from two fifty five gallon drums and a kit and it was the second one he had built to in there. But he was getting an upgrade this time and with his declining health I wanted to make this one easy for him to use. Just an honorable mention here my brother-in-law found this fire place at no cost to my parents. Thank you Pablo!!

The project was finally completed a week before Thanksgiving and my father had assured me he was going to go into his shop and give it his final inspection. This past Tuesday morning my father passed away without being able to give me the final thumbs up. And I ask myself if this is the end of a tough season in time where I have watched my father wither away.

As I have shared with you all in the past my father's health had not been very good. There were some nights I would go to bed and just wonder if the phone would ring and it would be that "call". Well I wonder no more. I'll still praise Him who is most worthy to be praised. Did my father know of Jesus and the power of His redeeming blood? I told him what it meant to me but .........

Before my family says their final goodbye's at my father's burial I will be sharing this parable with them. It has a whole new meaning to me now. I was the Prodigal at one time but that is no more and this coming Friday night at my father's viewing I'm sure there will be some who are the older brother that will remind me with a "remember when." I'll miss my earthly father but without Jesus I'll miss my heavenly Father. Don't miss out either Brethren. - Chris Hughes is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and a frequent Freedom Fighter Contributor

God's Word for You: Proverbs 5; Daniel 1-2; 1 John 4

Think About This: I urge upon you communion with Christ; a growing communion. There are curtains to be drawn aside in Christ that we never saw, and newfoldings of love in him. I despair that I shall ever win to the far end of that love, there are so many aspects to it. Therefore dig deep, and sweat and labor and take pains for him, and set by as much time in the day for him as you can. We will be won in the labor. -- Samuel Rutherford

Just Released -- "JESUS LED ME ALL THE WAY" 14 Piano Hymn Arrangements by Bill Welte, President and CEO of America's KESWICK. This will make a great Christmas present! Cost is $15. To order a copy please respond to this email and supply your mailing address information.

No comments: