Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's November 5th

IT'S NOVEMBER 5th

The election is over. The nation has elected the first African American President, Barak Obama. This morning we have several choices to make as
men:

1. We can give up in despair.
2. We can rejoice that God is in control.
3. We can rest in His plan which we don't understand, but by faith, graciously accept.
4. We can commit to praying for our new President. Someone one said, "I don't have to like you - but I have to love you and pray for you!"

This is not the time to give up. This is not the time to be critical.
This is the time to dig in our heels and pray for the man who will serve as the next president of the greatest nation on earth.

This is a time for self-examination. This is time for you to look at YOUR heart. This is a time to stand up and be counted for the gospel.

I read this prayer this morning written by one of the Puritans:

The thought of Your infinite serenity cheers me, O God Most High, Most Glorious, For I am toiling and moiling, troubled and distressed, But YOU are forever at perfect peace.
Your designs cause You no fear or care of unfulfilment, They stand fast as the eternal hills.
Your power knows no bond,
Your goodness no stint.
You bring order out of confusion,
And my defeats are Your victories.
The Lord God omnipotent reigns.
I come to You as a sinner with cares and sorrows, To leave EVERY concern entirely to YOU, Every sin calling for Christ' precious blood; Revive deep spirituality in my heart; Let me live near to the Great Shepherd, Hear HIS voice, know its tones, follow its calls.
Keep me from deception by causing me to abide in the truth, From harm by helping me to walk in the power of the Spirit.
Give me intense faith in eternal verities, Burning into ME by experience the things I know; Let me never be ashamed of the truth of the gospel, That I may bear its reproach, Vindicate it, See Jesus as its essence, Know in it the power of the Spirit, Lord, help ME, for I am often lukewarm and chill; Unbelief mars my confidence, Sin makes me forget You.
Let the weeds that grow in my soul be cut at their roots; Grant me to know that I truly live only when I live to YOU, That all else is trifling.
Your presence alone can make me holy, devout, strong and happy.
Abide in me, gracious God. - from THE VALLEY OF VISION - Christian Publications

Are you resting today, November 5th , the day after the election? He is our MOST HIGH GOD, MOST GLORIOUS. The election is over, but there is so much more He wants to do in our lives if we will trust HIM. - Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 5; Jeremiah 34-36; Hebrews 2

Think About This: Prayer is like riding a bicycle or swimming. You learn by doing. Luis Palau

No comments: