Wednesday, October 22, 2008

O God, My Heart is Steadfast

O GOD, MY HEART IS STEADFAST

Some days leadership is just downright fun, and other days it stinks. Sometimes decisions that I have to make are easy and are simply no-brainers. Other times I am faced with decisions that weigh very heavy on my heart.

This week I have had to make some very difficult decisions. Part of me wants to run away and hide because those decisions affect people, and God has wired me to be a people person. I know that what I am going through right now as a leader is a part of God's growth plan for me - but it is hard.

This morning as I came to my quiet time with the Lord, the verses written in the little devotional, DAILY LIGHT, were just what I needed to hear for today:

"The Lord IS my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the STRENGTH of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

You will keep him in PERFECT PEACE, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is STEADFAST, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established; he will not be afraid ...

WHENEVER I am afraid, I will trust in You. In the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

May the God of ALL grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever." - Psalm 108:1; Psalm 27:1; Isaiah 26:3; Psalm 112:7-8; Psalm 56:3; Psalm 27:5-6; 1 Peter 5:10-11

Wow! Those verses couldn't have been more timely and right on for me this morning. Now I have the choice -- to panic, fear, run, hide, fret, worry -- or to trust Him to see me through. By faith, I choose today to trust. How about you? -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 22; Isaiah 65-66; 1 Timothy 2

Think about this: God is looking for men and women whose hearts are firmly fixed on Him
and who will continually trust Him for all he desires to do with their lives. God is ready and eager to work more powerfully than ever through His people, and the clock of the centuries is striking the eleventh hour.-- Anonymous

No comments: