Thursday, October 23, 2008

Living the Surrendered Life

Living the Surrendered Life

"Therefore prepare yourself and arise, and speak to them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed before their faces, lest I dismay you before them." (Jeremiah 1:17 NKJV)

I am finding that as I grow in my relationship to Christ, the Lord is testing me to see if I truly believe and trust Him. Recently, I was put in a position to share a Word from God that to me was really difficult to share. Why? Because I was speaking to people who claim to love the Lord their God with all their hearts, soul, and strength. But the word God put on my heart was challenging.

I had no time to ponder the Word because God called in that instant. The Word convicted me because it was to me as much as it was to everyone else. Afterward, I went back to God and He reminded me of this verse in the Book of Jeremiah. The Lord used these words when He called me into the ministry and it was a reminder to me that my life is not my own. To live the surrendered life is to believe God knows best even when we think others will not receive what He has asked us to communicate. But then again, it does not matter what we think. What matters is that His will is done.

I thank God for giving me the boldness to proclaim His truth even when I don't like it. I thank God for the surrendered life.

How are you doing with what God has entrusted to you? Are you living a life surrendered? Are you worried about how others will receive you? God says, "Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land; against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord." (Jeremiah 1:18-19)

Rev. Robert Roman is a graduate of the colony of mercy. He is a husband, father, and minister of the gospel. He is a Defender of the Christian faith and Chaplain of Aftercare at the Colony of Mercy.

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 23; Jeremiah 1-2; 1 Timothy 3

Think About This: God is not satisfied by the sound of our lips, nor the position of our bodies, nor external ceremonies. What he asks is a will which will no longer be divided between him and any creature, a will pliant in his hands, which neither desires anything nor refuses anything, which wants without reservation everything he wants, and which never, under any pretext, wants anything which he does not want. -- Francois Fenelon

No comments: