Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Satan's Plan of Salvation

SATAN'S PLAN OF SALVATION

"What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ, in order that no advantage be taken of us by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his schemes." 2 Corinthians 2:10-11

One of my favorite Bible College professors was the late Dr. John Cawood. He used to make this statement: "When Satan fell, he landed in the church sound room, rolled into the choir loft and then into the nursery." While I know he was joking, it is good reminder that the enemy of our souls is alive and well. He is very active "seeking those he may devour."

Many of us have been familiar with Dr. Bill Bright's gospel tract, THE FOUR SPIRITUAL LAWS which begins with the statement, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life!" Well my friend, guess what - Satan has a plan for your life too! Listen to the words of devotional writer, Glynn Evans in today's reading from DAILY WITH THE KING:

"Lord, I must ever be aware of the wiles of Satan. I sometimes forget that he has a "plan of salvation" also. He is great at promising "deliverance" (Hebrews 11:35). In fact, his deliverance mimics the great deliverance that YOU promise Your children. In being tempted by Satan, Jesus was promised deliverance from the cross (Matthew 4:9). Many martyrs were promised deliverance from their pains by a simple recantation. All Satan requires for his deliverances is exactly that which God requires: commitment to him.

I must always remember that Satan wants be alive and well on planet earth. What despot, however evil, wants his subjects distressed and unhappy? The usual caricature - that Stan was us destroyed, mutilated, or distorted - is not true. He wants us to fulfill ourselves and to be the happy subjects he wants us to be - but in his way. That is why it is very difficult to convince unsaved worldlings that they are NOT having a good time. The fact is, they are! Further, it is difficult to get worldlings to exchange their IMMEDIATE happiness, which Satan gives, for an eventual happiness which God promises.

The difference between God's deliverance and Satan's hinges on a crucial
point: Do I live for myself, or for others? Satan says, "Serve me, and I will give you everything you want." God says, "Serve Me, and I will give you only what is good." Satan's philosophy will eventually kill me, for the end of a self-serving soul is death. God's philosophy will make me eternally alive, for the person who gives his life for others will live forever. Never will God leave me naked before my enemy as long as my face is turned toward Him, and never will He recant His oath that no power of any kind will ever be able to pry me away from Him. (Romans 8:35-39)"

Good reminder, guys! Be aware! Don't be ignorant! But remember this: The enemy is a defeated foe - defeated at the Cross. Live today knowing that he is defeated. Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world. Don't be ignorant of the enemy's plan for your life. - Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's Word for YOU: 2 Corinthians 21-22; John 14

Think about this: Abide in Me: These words are the command of love, which is ever only a promise in a different shape. Think of this until all feeling of burden and fear and despair pass away, and the first thought that comes as you hear of abiding in Jesus be one of bright and joyous hope. -- Andrew Murray

No comments: