Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Never-Forsaking God

THE NEVER-FORSAKING GOD

"He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'" Hebrews 13:5

For those of you who have been a part of the Freedom Fighter family for some time, you have heard me say often that I am amazed at how many times God meets me at my point of need when I take the time to spend time alone with Him each morning.

Yesterday was one of those rough days for my kids and my family as we are walking through the grieving process. While we are confident and comforted that Lindsay is in heaven, it stinks for us. We miss her so much. As we are learning, grieve comes in waves, but oh how thankful we are that His comfort rolls in with even bigger waves!

Yesterday's reading from Oswald Chambers was so timely for me. Chew on this one and let it speak to your soul today:

"What line of thinking do my thoughts take? Do I turn to what God says or to my own fears? Am I simply repeating what God says or am I learning to truly hear from Him and then to respond after I have heard what He says? "For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you.' So we may boldly say: 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5-6)

"I will never leave you ..." - no, not for ANY reason; not my sin, selfishness, stubbornness, nor waywardness. Have I really let God say to me that He will never leave me? If I have not truly heard this assurance of God, then let me listen again.

"I will never ... forsake you ..." Sometimes it is not the difficulty of life but the drudgery of it that makes me think God will forsake me. When there is no major difficulty to overcome no vision from God, nothing wonderful or beautiful - just everyday activities of life - do I hear God's assurance even in these?

We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing - that He is preparing and equipping us for some extraordinary work in the future. But as we grow in His grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, at this very moment. If we have God's assurance behind us, the most amazing strength becomes ours, and we learn to sing, glorifying Him even in the ordinary days and ways of life." -- My Utmost for His Highest

Well, my friend, I needed that reminder. I hope that it will encourage your heart today as well. - Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: 2 Chronicles 23-24; John 15

THINK ABOUT THIS: Emotional healing is almost always a process. It takes time. There is a very important reason for this. Our heavenly Father is not only wanting to free us from the pain of past wounds, he is also desirous of bringing us into maturity, both spiritually and emotionally. That takes time, because we need time to learn to make the right choices. He loves us enough to take the months and years necessary to not only heal our wounds, but also build our character. Without growth of character we will get wounded again.-- Floyd McClung

No comments: