Monday, April 28, 2008

He Giveth More Grace

HE GIVE MORE GRACE

Saturday afternoon Zach and I made a surprise visit to Children's Boston Hospital. Yesterday was our 34th wedding anniversary and Jan was down because we would not be together on our special day. We have never been a part on our anniversary in 33 years. Needless to say, we surprised her!

When I walked into Lindsay's room, even though I had been tracking on her progress on the phone, I was not mentally prepared for what I saw.
Compared to how I left her, she was hooked up to many more IV contraptions, as well as being hooked up to the heart and lung machine.

I have found myself saying to myself during the last two days, "How much more can she go through? How much more can her little body handle? How much longer can my kids go through this trial?"

On top of this my staff seem to be getting hammered with trials. The wife of our Director of Maintenance received a surprise when the doctor called to tell her that her recent biopsy showed she had a malignant melanoma. On Thursday I spoke with one of my Board members and his wife in the parking lot as they were getting ready to leave for several weeks in Florida. On the way, his wife had a massive stroke and went home to be with Jesus.

We continue to face financial issues at America's KESWICK, and while God has supplied just in the nick of time, this weighs heavy on our hearts.
This morning in the shower, I was reminded of the words of a wonderful old hymn that sums it all up:

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater, He sendeth more strength as our labors increase; To added afflictions He addeth His mercy, To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance, When our strength has failed ere the day is half done, When we reach the end of our hoarded resources Our Father's full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure, His power no boundary known unto men; For out of His infinite riches in Jesus He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

Today Lindsay possibly faces open heart surgery to do a heart bypass. I don't know how much more she can face. But I do know this - He will continue to pour out His grace again and again and again.

"And the Lord, it is He that doth go before me; He will be with me; He will not fail me, fear not, neither be dismayed." Deut. 31:8 And He wants to do the same for you, my friend! - Bill Welte - President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's Word for You Today: 1 Kings 3-5; Luke 20:1-26

Think About This: There are three things to be seen in an intercessor which are not necessarily found in ordinary prayer: 1) Identification 2) Agony 3) Authority...Intercession so identifies the intercessor with the sufferer that it gives him/her a prevailing place with God. Norman P. Grubb

No comments: