Saturday, February 09, 2008

Where is Your Path Heading

Where is Your Path Heading?

"A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself; The simple pass on and are punished." Proverbs 27:12

"Careful about ones conduct". That is the prudent man. When he comes into full view of the world around him he can make the righteous choice. When he comes to a crossroads, he can remain on the straight and narrow. Knowing this as wisdom I have from time to time asked myself, "Well, where is my path heading?"

When I have occasionally looked behind, I had seen the wreckage of my folly. A lot of it is just from being naïve or silly but a great deal of it from being just plain stupid. Do prudent men come that way or have they too walked the hard road? I do not consider myself much of a prudent man but I have learned enough to say, "I ain't going' back that way." That in itself should be wisdom enough for most, but if my goal is to truly serve and love God it would be wiser to say "Lord, your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light onto my path."

I must be capable to surrender to that guidance. I need to die to it daily. There must be less of my word and more of His Word. But sadly my friends that is a hard list to keep enforced. I do have my times when I creep out from behind a rock and make off -the- wall suggestions that sound great to the flesh but are really not good for the soul. Oh what a wretched man I can be but prudent enough to look at the Cross and say Thank You, Jesus. Santo Padre!!

So as I walk along my path, I should be doing it as if to use the meaning of walk in the way the Greeks would say to walk. To show oneself to be upright with confidence and to do this as Paul would write to show Jesus with every step. That means to be wise handling the practical matter of being in communion with God, praying without ceasing, reading God's word and living with the context and precepts set by God.

So where is my path heading? Wherever I am surrendered enough to go. -- Chris Hughes is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and has attended the Keswick Institute of Biblical Studies.

Great Quote: Salvation may be described as the blind receiving sight, the deaf receiving hearing, the dead receiving life; but we have not only received these blessings, we have received CHRIST JESUS Himself. It is true that He gave us life from the dead. He gave us pardon of sin; He gave us imputed righteousness. These are all precious things, but we are not content with them; we have received Christ Himself. The Son of God has been poured into us, and we have received Him, and appropriated Him. What a heart-full Jesus must be, for heaven itself cannot contain Him! Charles Haddon Spurgeon

No comments: