Monday, February 04, 2008


From A Heart of Stone

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all of your uncleanness, and from all of your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues and be careful to obey my rules. You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. Ezekiel 36:25-28

While living in Cozumel, Mexico I spent a good deal of time on the beaches. Many of them consisted of jagged grey stones covered in crevices and holes. One day while cautiously navigating towards the water I stumbled across something that I would remember to this day. In the stone was a beautiful heart shaped hole. You could see this heart due to the deep blue, green water that filled it. Without the water it would have been almost impossible to see and dangerous to those around it. I went back to the car to get my camera in fear that the picture would disappear. The heat of the day had left all of the stone around this heart dried out, dangerous, and unpleasing to the eye.

After looking at the photographs, I would return to this spot on the beach many times. Each time I went back the heart was visible. What I realized was that each day as the tide would come in new water would fill the heart and the impurities would be washed away. As the day went on the heart would become a deeper more beautiful color causing it to stand out from the miles of stone. Although I actually never saw the heart being filled or washed clean I could always trust in it being there.

If you are a born again Christian God has scrubbed you clean. He has taken your once dangerous heart of stone and replaced it with a beautiful heart of flesh. The world can see your heart because it is filled with the Holy Spirit, which causes us to walk in His statues. By abiding in Him and His word you can overcome the heat of each day. In fact, you can live trusting that these daily trails will grow you into a deeper more meaningful relationship with Christ.

Our hearts of flesh should be consistently visible to those around us creating in them a desire to see it again and again. What will you show the world today? Bill Pruitt is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and serves as a Guest Services Representative for America's KESWICK.

Great Quote: Spirit filled souls are ablaze for God. They love with a love that glows. They serve with a faith that kindles. They serve with a devotion that consumes. They hate sin with fierceness that burns. They rejoice with a joy that radiates. Love is perfected in the fire of God. Samuel Chadwick

Want to do something special for your wife, guys? Send her to ReviveHER Night at America's KESWICK this Thursday, February 7th. Check out this link for details: http://www.americaskeswick.org/rhn.htm It's a great way to encourage your wife. Call today for details.

No comments: