Wednesday, November 07, 2007

HE KNOWS

HE KNOWS

"God keeps an eye on his friends, his ears pick up every moan and groan.
God won't put up with rebels; he'll cull them from the pack. Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you. If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath." Psalm 34:15-18 (The Message)

It is no coincidence that I read these verses today from Psalm 34 in my personal quiet time. I am always amazed (and shouldn't be) at how timely HIS WORD is in my life. How does HE KNOW what I need? Yet He does.

The past 48 hours have been gut-wrenching for me and several of my key leaders as we have been wrestling through a staff issue. My prayers have been disjointed and have not made sense. I have found myself crying out to the Lord not knowing even what to ask or how to ask.

I love the fact that He not only keeps His eye on me -- but his ears are sensitive enough to my cries, my groanings and moanings! Romans 8 reminds me that the Holy Spirit takes those moans and groans and puts them in perspective when I pray!

Right now I feel like I have been kicked in the gut because of a someone who has betrayed my trust and done something really stupid. It is hard to not become cynical and untrusting. But I was comforted and blessed this morning by the reminder that HE KNOWS -- HE'S THERE -- and HE IS IN CONTROL.

While I don't have to understand it, like it, or agree -- I WILL REJOICE and I can rest in knowing that He has a greater plan than right now doesn't make sense.

I will continue to cry out and moan and groan (not in a bad way) for a brother who is in trouble -- and I can rest in the fact that HE HEARS! That is a great comfort to me today. How about you? What are you facing right now? HE KNOWS!

Something to think about: One of the most subtle burdens God ever puts on us as saints is this burden of discernment concerning other souls. He reveals things in order that we may take the burden of these souls before Him and form the mind of Christ about them. It is not that we bring God into touch with our minds, but that we rouse ourselves until God is able to convey His mind to us about the one for whom we intercede. -- Oswald Chambers

No comments: