Friday, June 15, 2007

THINK VICTORY! GET MOVING!

GET MOVING

"Abide in Me ..." John 15:4

I am always amazed, and shouldn't be, how often God gives me JUST WHAT I NEED when I meet with Him in the morning. Your time alone with God each morning, men, must become a non-negotiable time on your daily agenda. We guard so many things in our schedules, but so often this time alone with HIM becomes something we put off until a later time. Sadly, most of us know, that unless we guard it militantly, putting it off means not doing it at all.

Oswald Chambers, one of my favorite devotional authors, has a way of cutting right to the quick with his insights. I read this yesterday and it was just too good to pass up sharing with you:

"Abide in Me in the matter of determination. The Spirit of Jesus is put into me by way of the atonement by the Cross of Christ. I then have to build my thinking patiently to bring it into perfect harmony with my Lord. God will not MAKE me think like Jesus - I have to do it myself. I have to bring "every thought into captivity to do it myself." (2 Corinthians 10:5) "Abide in Me" - in intellectual matters, in money matters, in every one of the matters that make human life what it is. Our lives are not made up of only one neat confined area.

Am I preventing God from doing things in my circumstances by saying that it will only serve to hinder my fellowship with Him? How irrelevant and disrespectful that is! It does not matter what my circumstances are. I can be as much assured of abiding in Jesus in any one of them as I am in any prayer meeting. It is unnecessary to change and arrange my circumstances myself. Our Lord's inner abiding was pure and unblemished. He was at home with God wherever His body was. He never chose His own circumstances, but was meek, submitting to His Father's plans and directions for Him. Just think how amazingly relaxed our Lord's life was! But we tend to keep God at a fever pitch in our lives. We have none of the serenity of life which is 'hidden with Christ in God.' (Colossians 3:3)

Think of the things that take you out of the position of abiding in Christ. You say, 'Yes, Lord, just a minute - I still have to do this or that to do. Yes, I will abide as soon as this is finished, or as soon as this week is over. It will be all right, Lord. I will abide then!' GET MOVING - ABIDE NOW! In the initial stages it will be a CONTINUAL effort to abide, but as you continue, it will become a part of your life that you abide in Him without any conscious effort. Make the determination to abide in Jesus WHEREVER you are now or wherever you may be placed in the future." - MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST

How about you, brother? Are you abiding today in Christ? Don't put it off. Do it today!

Great quote: "I must realize that my obedience in the SMALLEST details of life has all of the omnipotent power of the grace of God behind it.
If I will do my duty, not for duty's sake but because I believe God is engineering my circumstances, then at the very point of my obedience all of the magnificent grace of God is mine through the glorious atonement by the Cross of Christ." - Oswald Chambers

No comments: