Monday, May 28, 2007

Think Victory! Instant Obedience

I LOVE AMERICA

I am proud to be an American and to live in this country. We are far from perfect and have strayed from God in so many ways as a nation. But in comparison to other countries throughout the world, we are so blessed as a nation.

I have been reading a powerful book by the new pastor of the late Adrian Rodgers church in Memphis, Tennessee. The chapter I read earlier this week highlights the revivals that broke our around the world that started in this great country. Revival came because God's people prayed, turned from their sin and repented, and then the refreshing rains of revival broke out. And the ripple effect of those rivals were felt around the world.

Today we need revival in our land. Some have given up and said, "Impossible!" But I believe that we can experience it again if we follow the words from Scripture: "If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek MY face and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land!" (2 Chronicles 7:14) God goes on to say in the next verse: "Now MY eyes shall be open and MY ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place."

Thousands of men and women were willing to pay the cost of laying down their lives, shedding their blood to preserve and protect our freedom. Thousands of men and women are this day serving around the globe to protect, guard and defend us. We must never forget these precious patriots. They were and are willing to pay the cost to protect and defend America. But are we as men of the Cross willing to do due diligence with God and be on our knees to pray for revival to break out in our land? It can happen again today! It's not too late for America! We can take God at His Word. Most of the revivals started out with one or two men who were willing to get on their faces before God - to cry out to Him for revival.

Maybe the man of the hour is you and me. Are you willing to pay the cost? Think about it!

My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing.
Land where my father's died,
Land of the pilgrim's pride,
From every mountain side
Let freedom ring.

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble, free,
Thy name I love;
I love Thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song:
Let mortal tongues awake,
Let all that breathe partake,
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our father's God to thee,
Author of liberty,
To thee we sing:
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: