Tuesday, December 05, 2006

CONTROL OF YOUR BODY - THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

CONTROL OF YOUR BODY - THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

We deal every day with men and women who are struggling with issues from
addictions to substances to sexual issues. We will often hear the
phrase, "but I can't control what I am doing!" or "I keep trying to not
do these things."

I loved the words penned by Oswald Chambers today in MY UTMOST FOR HIS
HIGHEST ... "I am accountable to God for the way I control my body under
His authority. Paul said he did not 'set aside the grace of God' - make
it ineffective (Galatians 2:21). The grace of God is absolute and
limitless, and the work of salvation through Jesus Christ is complete
and finished FOREVER.

I am not BEING saved - I am saved. Salvation is as eternal as God's
throne, but I must put to work what God has placed within me. To 'work
out my own salvation' (Philippians 2:12) means that I am responsible for
using what He has given me. It also means that I must exhibit in my own
body the life of the Lord Jesus Christ, not mysteriously or secretly,
but openly and boldly. 'I discipline my body and bring it into
subjection...' (1 Corinthians 9:27).

Every Christian can have his body under absolute control for God. God
has given us the responsibility to rule over all 'the temple of the Holy
Spirit,' including our thoughts and desires (1 Corinthians 6:19). We are
responsible for these, and we must never give way to improper ones. But
most of us are much more severe in our judgment of others that we are in
judging ourselves. We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we
condemn things in the lives of others simply because we are not
naturally inclined to do them.

Paul said, 'I beseech you ... that you present YOUR bodies as a living
sacrifice ...' (Romans 12:1) What I must decide is whether or not I will
agree with my Lord and Master that my body will indeed be His temple.
Once I agree, all the rules, regulations, and requirements of the law
concerning the body are summed up for me in this revealed truth - MY
BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!"

Powerful words this morning.

Great Quote: "Once you are rooted in reality, NOTHING can shake you. If
your faith is in experiences, anything that happens is likely to upset
that faith. But NOTHING can ever change God or the reality of
redemption. Base your faith on that, and you are as eternally secure as
God Himself." - Oswald Chambers

Check out today's THINK VICTORY! Memory verse on the website:
www.americaskeswick.org.

No comments: