Saturday, July 29, 2006

A WEEK OF ENCOURAGEMENT

A WEEK OF ENCOURAGEMENT

This past week was one of intense struggle and discouragement for me. My staff can tell you that just before God is going to show up to do something incredible, we seem to go through all kinds of difficulties from equipment breakdowns to interpersonal relationship struggles. Little things seem to grow into big things.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were very difficult and by mid-afternoon on Tuesday, I have to confess, I was ready to throw in the towel. In fact, as I walked into the Colony Chapel for our weekly staff chapel, I looked at one of our staff who was aware of some of the stuff I was facing, and said, "I'm done!"

But God showed up at Chapel and did a mightily work in our midst, and from that point on, the rest of the week was one amazing victory after another. The conclusion of our Prophecy Week conference was an outpouring of God speaking to hearts and transforming lives.

Looking back now, today's verses from the WORD OF GOD as recorded in the daily devotional, DAILY LIGHT, have significant meaning for me. Maybe someone reading today's Freedom Fighter needs the reminder too:

"You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name. 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me', says the Lord. The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in HIM! O, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good inheritance." (Psalm 61:1; Isaiah 54:17; Psalm 34:7-10; Psalm 16:6)

The Lord knows WHAT we need WHEN we need it. I pray that if you are discouraged today, under attack by the enemy, that your soul will be comforted by the encouragement from HIS WORD to you today.

I made an offer this week for your to secure the messages that were presented on Bible Prophecy by our speaker, Dr. Jimmy DeYoung. I would like to make them available to my Freedom Fighter friends -- 8 messages which includes a Q & A. This is a must-hear series for every Christian. I'd be happy to send them to you and ask that you consider a special gift for the ministry of America's KESWICK. You can make a donation right from our website: www.americaskeswick.org. To order the eight CD-set, simply respond to this email and we will ship them to you. Please include your mailing address.

Tomorrow afternoon's concert: THE GREINER FAMILY. 2:30 PM Hymnsing followed by the concert at 3:00 PM.

Freedom Fighter is a daily ministry of America's KESWICK. Thank you for the support of this ministry.

No comments: