Sunday, February 26, 2006

SEARCH ME, O GOD

SEARCH ME, O GOD

"Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord.
Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my MIND and HEART. Behold, You
desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden parts will make me
to know wisdom. I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to Your
testimonies. I made haste, and did not delay to keep your commandments.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We have an ADVOCATE with the
Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself, is the propitiation
for our sins. Therefore, brethren, having boldness to ender the Holiest
by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for
us, through the veil, that is His flesh, and having a HIGH PRIEST over
the house of God, let us draw near with a TRUE heart in full assurance
of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our
bodies washed with pure water.

(Lamentations 3:40; Psalm 26:2; Psalm 51:6; Psalm 119:59-60; 1 John 1:9;
1 John 2:1-2; Hebrews 10:19-22)

Search me, O God, and know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

I praise Thee, Lord, for cleansing me from sin;
Fulfill Thy Word, and make me pure within.
Fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame;
Grant my desire to magnify Thy name.

Lord, take my life, and make it wholly Thine
Fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine.
Take all my will, my passion, self and pride;
I now surrender, Lord -- in me abide.

O Holy Ghost, revival comes from Thee;
Send a revival, start the work in me.
Thy Word declares Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessings now, O Lord, I humbly plead.

James Edwin Orr (1912-1987)

Good words as we prepare our hearts for this Lord's Day, February 26,
2006

No comments: